What will we do in this class?
- Experiment. Fail. Revise. Revise some more. Take risks. Problem solve. Practice makes
- Make art… with a clear purpose.
- Learn about color, composition, fonts and more.
- Work with computers and by hand.
- Show each-other new ideas and approaches.
Does it matter if I can’t draw/don’t know how to use Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/a Mac?
- No. Perfect reasons to take the class – you will learn and improve!
- Projects are tiered to challenge all – even if you are in graphic design 4+!
Why should I take this elective?
- Your life is already strongly influenced by graphic design. From the clothes you buy to the foods you eat and books you read – you can’t escape it! Learn to recognize it and critique it!
- Knowing computer programs is an important skill for high school (think better looking english/history projects) and job skills (ie regardless of your profession… sticking that you know how to use Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc. on your resume is extremely valuable!)
- You will learn to see things differently and problem solve on a whole new level.
- There are countless careers in graphic and communication arts. Plus, the main ideas are applicable to just about any career!
How will I be graded?
- What are you bringing to the table? (pushing us to strive for more, going above and beyond? exposing us to new ideas?)
- Citizenship (attendance, involvement)
- Projects (personal growth, investment/effort)
- Sketches/Planning/Research (personal growth, investment/effort)